Electric drive conversion

English spoken IF-boat forum for all topics.

Moderator: Moderator

bill

Re: Electric drive conversion

Inlägg av bill »

maja skrev: 30 maj 2018 13:19 Yes, you are correct, tapered from about 40 mm (fwd edge) to minimum 10 mm (aft edge).
Class rules defines the shape, construction is free.
Not all rudders have metal inserts.
hi thank you for that. I didn't realise some rudders do not have the metal insert.
bill

Inlägg av bill »

An idea has come to mind...: I wonder how many owners would be interested in a rudder electric propulsion..? I realise that this is a meaningless question as it would depend on the cost I imagine! the cost of the motor and the batteries would be quite a lot but I think the more people are interested the less it would cost. I am willing to do the work to come up with a system (including the rudder design) but I cannot afford the development costs. So perhaps if enough people are interested, we can share the costs. I wonder what the class rules would be for something like this?

I hope you don't feel I am trying to make money out of this! I love the IFs and I think this is such an elegant (and environmentally friendly..!) solution that is worth doing if the costs are right. I will be interested in peoples thoughts..!
Crazy Mary IF2670

Inlägg av Crazy Mary IF2670 »

Any update on that?
bill

Inlägg av bill »

Hi
Well.... I got as far as drawing it! Here it is:
[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201808 ... 447efd.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Skriv svar