Hatches

Båtens strukturella skal: skrov, däck, mastbalk, genomföringar, fönster och luckor. Botten, gelcoat, plastning.

Moderator: Moderator

Skiffel

Hatches

Inlägg av Skiffel »

Hi My 1968 iF boat has no fore hatch has any one replaced the original with a production hatch. or can any one suggest a replacement
any comments welcome
thanks Tim
Användarvisningsbild
maja

Re: Hatches

Inlägg av maja »

If there is no original hatch (or at least an original hatch opening), your boat is likely to be a 1967 model. The first 27 boats were designed with no forward hatch and no main bulkhead between the cabin space and forepeak space.

What is your manufacturing number? It should be engraved on the Marieholm building plate.

It is risky to open a great hatch without making proper reinforcements around the opening. Maybe you may inspect the hatch opening of another IF-boat to get an idea of how it could be done.
Marek, IF-båt SWE-829 "Ingela" från Lagunen i Malmö
Medlem i IF-båtförbundet sedan 1985
IF-båtägare sedan 1983
Skiffel

Re: Hatches

Inlägg av Skiffel »

Hi
The boat has had a hatch and has all the interior moulding. The opening is covered with plywood screwed down to the original raised sealing flange. So I could make a plywood covered with glass epoxy.
but, there are so many of these boats that i thought some one may have found a way of replacing the original.
thanks
Tim
Skriv svar