Classrules translation

English spoken IF-boat forum for all topics.

Moderator: Moderator

NED1417

Classrules translation

Inlägg av NED1417 »

The Swedish class regularly makes new rules, but these are not or only sparsely translated to e.g. English.
So you tend to just use the old English translation and then you make mistakes.
It would be nice that as soon as new rules or changes are made, this is translated and distributed by someone so that we all use the same rules.
I accidentally e.g. understood that now 4 man crew is allowed instead of 3
The Dutch class does its best to follow the rules of the Swedish class, then it is also worth following closely.
Once class rules have been translated, updating them again is easy.
Only, someone has to do it..........................!
Användarvisningsbild
maja

Re: Classrules translation

Inlägg av maja »

The German IF-boat club has made a German translation some years ago. We have given comments.
Marek, IF-båt SWE-829 "Ingela" från Lagunen i Malmö
Medlem i IF-båtförbundet sedan 1985
IF-båtägare sedan 1983
Karin Harding

Inlägg av Karin Harding »

Yes, and we are also happy to continue to update and translate new rules. We will devote a working group to study this important topic further. Thank you for bringing it up!
Användarvisningsbild
maja

Inlägg av maja »

The German IF-boat Association has made a translation into German of the Swedish Nordiska IFRA 2019 IF-boat Class Rules. During their work, the translation has been commented by people from the Swedish IF-boat Association.

I think it would be a peace of cake for a skilled Dutch person/sailor, knowing the German language, the Word Sailing ERS and sailboat nomenklature and expressions to make the translation to Dutch from such a close language.

Please refer to:
https://www.if-boot.de/images/dokumente ... nungen.pdf

There should be minor changes to the actual and valid 2021 version (i.e. number of crew members).
Marek, IF-båt SWE-829 "Ingela" från Lagunen i Malmö
Medlem i IF-båtförbundet sedan 1985
IF-båtägare sedan 1983
Användarvisningsbild
johan swe-1870
Global moderator
Segelnummer: 1870
Båtnamn: InFinit

Inlägg av johan swe-1870 »

I suggest you to use the swedish class rules for the translation to avoid all possible errors.
Johan Winberg, SWE 1870 InFinit
NED1417

Inlägg av NED1417 »

I think you're right, it's about the best possible translation with the right explanation and the right sailing terms.
I asked (non-sailing) family who speaks Swedish to translate an article but they didn't get much further than Googletranslate
If the rules are translated into English, that is sufficient for us Dutch and can also serve as a guideline for the rest of the world.
And then as soon as something changes, translate immediately so that we keep up.
Still standing, someone has to do it..........
Skriv svar