matching paint

English spoken IF-boat forum for all topics.

Moderator: Moderator

skiziks33

matching paint

Inlägg av skiziks33 »

Hi

Anyone know if there is a paint manufacturer who can color match the original Marieholm colors. My M26 is a greenish blue. Anyone know where I can find this paint? otherwise I will choose a contrasting color for the new rudder being built.

The season is upon us!
Photo-0069.jpg
Photo-0069.jpg (20.91 KiB) Visad 14478 gånger
Justin
M26 SV Necessity
Användarvisningsbild
johan swe-1870
Global moderator
Segelnummer: 1870
Båtnamn: InFinit

Re: matching paint

Inlägg av johan swe-1870 »

You can buy gelcoat with the various original colours the IF-boat was made in. Let's see: beige, white, yellow, olive green, red, blue, orange, brown.

I wasn't aware of the M26 being made in other than white, though. I have never seen that colour on an IF or a M26.
Are you sure that is an original colour?

The boats in Scandinavia normally has a colour code on the manufacturer plate inside the boat.The IF has that plate in the wardrobe. I don't know about the M26.

Yes, the season is here! My boat was rigged today. I hope to sail tomorrow.
Johan Winberg, SWE 1870 InFinit
Användarvisningsbild
maja

Inlägg av maja »

The original colour codes for Marieholm boats manufactured between August 1971 and August 1975 may be found on our website, on http://www.ifboat.com/assets/files/medl ... r71-75.pdf

As far as I know it was also possible to get other colours if you payed extra.

The codes themselves reflect a previous colour series and have to be transformed to the one of today. Any paint dealer or manufacturerm of some "importance" should know.
Marek, IF-båt SWE-829 "Ingela" från Lagunen i Malmö
Medlem i IF-båtförbundet sedan 1985
IF-båtägare sedan 1983
skiziks33

Inlägg av skiziks33 »

thanks for the responses. i'll update when I can
Justin
M26 SV Necessity
Hanky Panky

Inlägg av Hanky Panky »

Johan,
You mentioned gelcoat in the original colors still being available. Can you provide me with a purchasing source, I would like to buy a quart of the beige.
I am now the proud owner of hull 2231 and have several spots to refinish. A previous owner replaced the aft deck covers and they are pure white. Also do you know of a source for replacement hinges and latch for this deck cover?
Another projrct is leaking ports, can I get replacement rubber port seals anywhere you know of?
I have read a tunning guide that mentions a spreader sweep of only 8-9 inches behind the mast, mine have worn holes and are swept more than this, do you concure with this measurement?
Thanks Stan
Användarvisningsbild
johan swe-1870
Global moderator

I think you should try and contact Marieholm Strömstad Marina, http://www.marieholmboat.se/

They should be able to help you with the gelcoat and perhaps the hinges and latch.

I don't think the spreader sweep is a problem. The sweep angle depends mainly on where the chainplates are placed on deck, not very much on the hole wear on the spreaders. If you think it is a problem you may be able to repair them by welding or putting distances in the holes A picture of the spreader wear may help!

In Scandinavia some sailors block the spreaders to not move too much aft, but that is more a racing optimization theme I think.
Hanky Panky

Inlägg av Hanky Panky »

Thank You Johan, I have sent email to MarieHolm Marina!
Hanky Panky

Inlägg av Hanky Panky »

Johan, I spoke with Hilmer, He was able to fill my order, great sourse.
I will try too attach a photo of our boat, although it is not shot exactly perpendecular, I think you can see my concern with the spreaders. It was the North Sails tuning guide that I was quoting. We do race under the PHRF system so I would like it all to be correct, to sail to my rating. I don't know how to set a url for my picture, I have it saved on my C:/ drive?
Stan
Användarvisningsbild
johan swe-1870
Global moderator

There are two ways of showing an image:

Put the file on an image hosting facility as Tinypic, Photobucket, Picasa, or other similar. Copy the Url adress to the clipboard. Then use the button "Img" when writing your post and paste the Url. The url goes between the Img tags.

The other way is to attach the image as a file, by using the attachments facilities of the forum. You find these under the post editint window. Search the file, upload the file, put a comment if you like.

In both cases you can always "Preview" your post before doing "Post". You can go back and edit an error.

You should keep all images at resolution 800x600 pixels or lower, if not they wont display correctly on peoples screens.
Skriv svar