Sökningen fann 21 träffar

av Captain_frog
09 jun 2019 12:30
Kategori: Common
Tråd: Turning angle
Svar: 3
Visningar: 9269

Re: Turning angle

Do you mean the tack (beat) angle? If so, this depends on the wether conditions, the sails, the underwater body smoothness and the skills of the helmsman and sail trimmer. Normal is 80 to 100 degrees. Hello Maja! Yes tack angle is the word I was looking for. Considering that the hull is clean, that...
av Captain_frog
08 jun 2019 22:18
Tråd: Turning angle
Visningar: 9269

Turning angle

Hey! I have read in a Magazin that IF boot has a turning angle of 92°. Wenn I try wiht my IF, my turning angle is far more thant that (110° to 120°). I sail normaly with a genoa on furling. Could it be that 92° can only be reached with a Jib? What are your experiences, and what points should I check...
av Captain_frog
13 jan 2018 12:25
Tråd: Polar diagram for IF
Visningar: 9442

Re: Polar diagram for IF

Tank you very much for that info, I will have a look!
av Captain_frog
02 jan 2018 20:54
Tråd: Polar diagram for IF
Visningar: 9442

Polar diagram for IF

Happy New Year!

Has anyone a copy of a polar diagram for If boot. I could not find any on the Internet.
av Captain_frog
02 jan 2018 18:04
Tråd: Outboard well
Svar: 17
Visningar: 24825

Re: Outboard well

And here the last series
av Captain_frog
02 jan 2018 18:01

Here is another series of pictures!
av Captain_frog
02 jan 2018 17:58

Hello Slag
Here are somme picture of the trap door!
av Captain_frog
28 okt 2017 15:21

Hello Skald You are welcome. If you look for my thread "Motor angle in well" you will see some pictures of the exhaust fitting and the cooling water outlet. I you are interested, I might be able to send some picture of the dual door trap when my boat is out of water. To make it, I took the...
av Captain_frog
26 okt 2017 22:50

Hello Skald I have an IF boat (1973) which I bought with a motor already in well (Mercury Sail Pro 6 HP 4 stroke with large Mickey Mouse propeller and remote control). I built a dual trap door to cover the opening. It can be opened from the motor compartment so I am able to remove the motor if I hav...
av Captain_frog
18 jul 2017 09:59
Tråd: Repaint my boat
Svar: 1
Visningar: 6068

Repaint my boat

Hello I plan to repaint my boat this winter. It was painted by the previous owner for the first time in 2010: 2 x ”International PRE KOTE” 2 x ”International TOPLAC” Mauritius blue 1 x ”EPIFANES Clear Varnish” UV Filter The question is: do I need to sand only the top layer and put 1 or 2 x TOPLAC or...
av Captain_frog
01 apr 2017 13:02
Tråd: Windos in main sail
Svar: 2
Visningar: 6796

Windos in main sail

Hello Does anyone know the dimensions and the position of the small window in main sail (the window nest to the mast which allows a look on the genoa tell-tale? Windows in Main sail.png Is it as practical as it is supposed to be? Is the normal window (the big one next to the foot leech) also nice to...
av Captain_frog
29 okt 2015 17:40
Tråd: Old winsch
Svar: 0
Visningar: 4709

Old winsch

Hej! While refurbishing my old winch I discovered that some small rubber bumpers are missing (broken loose). Does anybody knows who was the manufacturer of this type of winch, and if the parts are still available? If not any idea of a way to fix it so that the metal to metal contact is avoided? Than...
av Captain_frog
18 jan 2015 22:16
Tråd: Cable type
Svar: 4
Visningar: 10552

Cable type

Hello Sailors

I would like to install an Anchor light (LED 1,5 watts) on the mast top of my IF. What kind of cable should I use in the mast to be sure it does not produce short cuts and how should I proceed to be sure it does not get entangled with the main halyard.

Any suggestion is welcome
av Captain_frog
05 jan 2015 22:57
Tråd: Rubber for wndows
Visningar: 9905

Re: Rubber for wndows

Thanks a lot for your answers and happy new year! In the mean time I found some Construction Sealant which seems to work It is sold in Germany under the name Building and Window Silicone: Versatile sealing (http://www.probau.eu/index.php?id=90&M=0&L=1&cHash=2e14faedf12db72df331ec5f16b7d3...
av Captain_frog
25 dec 2014 21:32
Tråd: Rubber for wndows
Visningar: 9905

Rubber for wndows

Merry Christmas and Happy new year to you all! one of my IF folkeboot fenster is leaking bad. I took it out today. The rubber is in very bad condition. It has been glued many time and falls into pieces. Is it possible to order this rubber a shop? If not what would be the best solution to make the wi...